The fact you’ve clicked on this article suggests that you require some help with SEO. But before you buy, you should know these tips to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth.
We talked with Dilate Digital who offers SEO services in Perth to discuss challenges to know what’s worth spending your money on, and what will be a waste of time.
Here’s a list of tips we’ve compiled from the discussion.
- There is no “Quick-Fix”
Every single person who works in SEO will tell you that they’re the crème de la crème. But you need to be careful about what people promise you.
The thing with SEO is that there is no such thing as a “quick fix”. So anyone who tells you that they can give you a million visitors within a day is probably not being entirely honest with you.
You’ll want to find a company who doesn’t brag about what they can do but allow their previous customers to do the bragging for them.
- SEO can’t compensate for a bad product
You can work with some of the best SEO services in the world if you want to. But not even the best SEO agency in the entire universe will be able to compensate for a lousy product.
Most SEO services will be able to increase the number of visitors to your website, and even interaction with the website. But there is nothing they can do to stop complaints about the quality of products or service.
Hiring the best in the business isn’t automatically going to translate into higher profit.
All SEO companies will be able to tell you about Keywords. Words and phrases that people tend to type into Google, which will help you to get more people onto your website.
However, you don’t want people just to visit your website, you want them to make the most of it, and make purchases through it. To do this, the focus needs to be on ROI, not just Keywords.
ROI is what causes your users to stay on the website for longer. A good ROI will encourage users to go through with actually making a purchase.
Anyone can improve Keywords, but only people who really know about SEO can improve ROI.
- There are a lot of aspects to consider
SEO is a big topic; when you first hear about it, I can forgive you for thinking that Keywords are the only thing that matter. But people who work in SEO will understand that there are many different aspects of SEO.
- Page Structure is what enables customers and users to navigate the website. It needs to be in a way that makes going from one part of the website to another super easy.
- Content is all about quality. Whilst Keywords are important, they need to be put into the text organically, and not just thrown about randomly, or even worse “keyword stuffing”.
- Websites that have a lot of links (both internal and external) tend to rank higher on SEO.
- Backlinks are when your website is linked to on other websites. A good SEO business will work with other websites to have your website put on as a backlink.
- Do your research
Deciding whom to go to for this kind of work should never be a snap decision. Everyone will claim to be the best.
The way to find where you should go to is to take a look at websites all the companies have worked with in the past. You also need to look at feedback from their previous clients.
- The three aspects of SEO
There are three aspects of SEO, and you’ll want to find someone who can make use of all of them as efficiently as possible.
- Technical SEO. This is aspects that are on your website but are not visible to the user. It might be as simple as the title of images, or even the cookies on your website.
- On-Page SEO. What your users will see when they visit your website. It will include the quality of content, keywords, and web design.
- Off-Page SEO. Another way of saying promotion. The most common form of doing this is through backlinks. However, it can also be done through social media marketing.
- Mobile Matters
Today, most of us will use our phones more, and our desktops less. Because of Google having “mobile first indexing”, you will need to find people who understand about mobile SEO. They understand the importance of having a mobile-friendly website.
- Be sure to be kept up-to-date
Some people who work in SEO will take your money, disappear for a few months, and then tell you that they’ve finished.
Good SEO services will work with you more than for you. To optimise SEO, they have questions about the industry that you work in, and they’ll keep you on top of what they’ve done, and what they plan on doing.
These SEO Companies will send you regular reports about every aspect of your website that could be of importance to you. This will include the number of visitors, bounce-back rate, and percentage of visitors who become customers.
- What is “Success”?
The word “Success” isn’t going to have a one-size-fits-all definition.
If you work in e-commerce, success will be defined by the number of sales you have, and the amount of profit you generate.
However, suppose you work in Social Media or Blogging. In that case, success will be defined by the amount of money generated from advertisements.
Your chosen SEO company should work with your business’ definition of “success” to ensure that your company is doing what you want it to be doing.
Perhaps you want to maximise the number of people who go through the “user to customer” process. Or maybe you want to increase the number of people who interact with your website.
Technology has a profound impact on our society. I cover news related to Technology, Business and Digital Marketing.