Do you feel like your brand’s social media isn’t benefitting your business? Maybe your current strategy isn’t going as planned, or perhaps you’ve barely set up any social media accounts.
While some companies need to focus more on social media than others, almost every business benefits from having an online presence. At the very least, you want to make it simple for customers to find you, and even smaller, local businesses need a website and some basic profiles established.
Regardless of why you want to improve your brand’s social media, the tips in this guide are here to help.
Starting With The Basics
The process can seem overwhelming if you’re new to running a branded social media page. However, you can start with some basic steps like the following:
- Finish the profile: Ensure you include important information about your business, such as the location, online links, and contact info.
- Focus on a couple of social media profiles: Unless your company is large, it’s usually more productive to focus on just a couple of social media sites. Facebook profiles are good for online rankings, while Instagram is a good option if you sell products.
- Put together a posting schedule: One way to ensure you post consistently on social media is to set up a content calendar. Here, you can determine ahead of time what you will post and when you will post. You can even set posts up to publish in intervals.
- Interact with your audience: Finally, make sure that you respond to comments, private messages, and other interactions from your followers. Use professionalism, and be consistent with your brand in the responses.
While social media strategies are often more complicated than this, these basic steps will at least get you started.
The Value Of Experts
It’s also important to remember that there are professionals who devote their entire careers to social media and online marketing. Whether you’re entirely new to running your brand’s social media or just want to improve your approach, social media marketers are valuable resources.
Let’s say you’re a restaurant outside New York City looking to attract locals and tourists. A Long Island search engine marketing and social media agency can help you find a niche audience.
3 Tips For Improving Your Brand’s Social Media
If you’re looking for tips that can help your social media, even if you’re already covering the basics, we have three additional ways you can improve your brand’s social media.
- Create a cohesive brand: One of the best ways to make social media pages that your clients will engage with is to build a cohesive brand. You don’t want your content to be all over the place. Instead, determine the messaging, types of posts, and vibe you want.
- Keep up with current events: While you don’t necessarily have to be political or super engaged with social issues, you do want to relate to your followers. Many consumers want brands to know what’s happening in current events, and you can also leverage pop culture and news for more relevant posts.
- Ensure your posts look good visually: High-quality images and videos are a must in 2023. If you want your social media accounts to stand out and represent your brand, you’ll need to ensure everything is well-produced.
While no brand is precisely the same, these tips apply to most companies. You can take these social media practices and tailor them to your own social media profiles.
Tom Fogden is a writer for Itseriestech with a range of experience in the world of tech publishing. Tom covers everything from cybersecurity, to social media and website builders when he’s not reviewing the latest phones, gadgets, or occasionally even technology books.